What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that websites send to your browser and download to your computer. Cookies allow the website to store and retrieve information about your visit, such as your preferred language and other options, in order to improve the services offered and contribute to a better browsing experience for the user.
Types of cookies
There are many types of cookies, depending on their purpose and the time they remain stored in the user’s browser (some are only installed during the session and others can remain for years (persistent cookies). Based on these criteria, there are cookies that require the consent of the user of the website and others that do not (excepted cookies).
Exempted cookies are, among others, those that are essential for the user’s computer and the servers of the website www.urbim.io to be able to communicate with each other and allow the user to browse the website more quickly, without collecting protected data about him/her.
Depending on who manages the domain from which the cookies are sent, and the data is processed, a distinction is made between first-party cookies and cookies belonging to third parties. Finally, depending on the purpose for which the information collected is processed, cookies can be classified into the following categories:
- Technical cookies: these allow the user to browse a website and use some of the services offered by the same (such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchasing process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks).
- Personalisation cookies: these allow the user to access the website with certain characteristics, such as language.
- Security cookies: these are used to prevent or hinder attacks against the website.
- Analytics cookies: these allow the party responsible or third parties to monitor user behaviour, as well as to quantify the number of users, carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. For this purpose, their browsing on the website is analysed in order to improve the range of products or services offered by the website www.urbim.io
- Advertising cookies: these enable the management of advertising spaces based on specific criteria. For example, the frequency of access, the content edited, etc. Advertising cookies allow through the management of advertising to store behavioural information through the observation of habits, studying the accesses and forming a profile of user preferences, in order to offer advertising related to the interests of their profile.
- Behavioural cookies: these are cookies that, either processed by www.urbim.io or by third parties, allow the most efficient possible management of the advertising space available on the website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the service requested or to the use made by the user of the website. To do this, URBIM DT S.L. can analyse the user’s browsing habits on the Internet and show them advertising related to their browsing profile.
- Geolocation cookies: used to find out the country where the user is located.
Acceptance of cookies on our platform
The LSSICE in connection with cookies, requires Users to be informed prior to the browsing experience on the platform about the use, category and purpose of cookies. That is the reason why we have implemented an informative notice that is displayed once you access our platform, informing you in advance and expressly, according with this legal precept.
It is important to note that in this notice you will find two options: the first, which will allow you to access this informative text, and the second, which you can use to accept the installation of cookies on your terminal equipment.
Cookies safeguard and options
During the installation or updating of the browser, the user has the possibility to accept or reject the installation of cookies, or to reject the installation of a certain category of cookies, such as advertising and third-party cookies. In addition, after each session, the user can delete all or some of the cookies stored.
The user can also activate:
- Private browsing, whereby your browser stops saving your browsing history, website passwords, cookies and other information from the pages you visit, or – the do not track function, whereby the browser asks the websites you visit not to track your browsing habits, in order, for example, to serve you advertisements of interest to you on the sites you visit.
We recommend that you consult your browser’s help function to learn about the different options for managing cookies. Keep in mind that blocking cookies may affect some or all of the functionality of our website.
How to change your cookie settings
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from URBIM DT S.L. or any other web page using your browser. In each browser the operation is different, you can find how to do it in the help menu of your browser where the procedure for its elimination is established.
For more information:
Disabling cookies may prevent the website from working properly or you may not be able to access certain functions of the website.
You can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser using tools such as the following:
Cookies used on the website
Different categories of cookies are used on the website for different purposes, the cookies used are listed below: